How To Get Rid Of Black Mould
- Dissolve a cup of borax in 4litres of water. Put it in a spray bottle and spray it on the affected area. This would work if the moulds are on materials like tiles and even wood. You could also use this solution on glass areas.
- Once you sprayed it on the affected area, you can get a brush and scrub the surface thoroughly. Make sure that you wear protective gloves and mask because it could jeopardise your health if you inhale it. The particles of black mould could cause some permanent damage to your respiratory system and other vital parts of your body, as soon as it gets into your bloodstream.
- Remember to not rinse it once you’re done applying it. Instead, wipe it with another rag or cloth. You need to do this in order for the mould’s spores to die and not encourage its growth, as the borax will stop all of that from happening.
Laundry Detergent Solution:
- Another option you have is to use a simple laundry detergent solution. I would prefer the powder ones because it could be more concentrated once you mixed it with water. One cup of it would do alongside 4 litres of water.
- You could use a spray bottle once again to apply it on the affected part. Get a scrub and rub the area thoroughly. This time, you are allowed to rinse it.
Kill It Using Hydrogen Peroxide:
- The advantage of going for this option is that it would work on all kinds of surface, both porous and nonporous. You don’t have to worry about it being toxic as well, especially if you have pets or children living with you.
- Use a spray bottle once again and fill it up with hydrogen peroxide. There’s no need to add water. Spray it on the affected part and leave it for half an hour. Get a clean rag or cloth to wipe the area. Don’t rinse because the hydrogen peroxide would also stop the spores from growing.
If you or someone you know is suffering any symptoms related to mould exposure, please see your doctor. You can also find support resources on the Toxic Mould Support Australia website.
Mould (spelled “mold” in the US, but spelled “mould” in Australia, the UK, NZ)
Proper maintenance is the key to getting the most from your wood heating unit and extend its lifespan. Here are some helpful tips to consider
If you are looking for ways to make your living space cleaner and more conducive to focus and relaxation, you need to declutter your home
There are some rough price guides below, but you can also check Gumtree to see what specials are available for the different types of grasses here in Perth. An important part of any Australian backyard is the lawn, but for many Perth home owners, it is a rushed after-thought
In Perth, the rising trend of smaller sized blocks has also resulted in people opting for low maintenance gardens and artificial lawns. Landscaping is thought by some to be a chore, but those who know the value of an aesthetic art form such as landscaping …
Are you planning to replace your old, damaged roof? Or perhaps you are building a new home and are unsure whether to go with tiles or colorbond. The life expectancy of roofs is usually…
It is not uncommon for a building inspector to find some unexpected and unusual things when inspecting a house. From the carcasses of exterminated rodents, to boxes of keepsakes, and letters from a childhood sweetheart and sometimes even…